Saturday, February 1, 2014

Summerlin Library, Las Vegas Clark County Library District

I volunteered here for seven months in Circulations, Nov 2012 to July 2013, while I was earning my Masters of Library Science degree from Clarion University (PA). The staff members are all super friendly, and they all love to read. It was a pleasant environment, and got me in better physical shape than I had been, so I am now (mostly) able to keep up with the book drop at my full-time library position in Mohave County, Arizona. Summerlin Library might be described as your neighborhood library. It hosts a variety of fun events, and has a diverse selection of materials. They also showcase local art, sell books for dirt-cheap, and show support for community affairs. It really is the best library in the LV area, in my humble opinion.

http://www.lvccld.org/about/branch_info.cfm?id=8

No comments:

Post a Comment